Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Are you sure you are making the right decision?

Hello D,

Thank you again for your time yesterday evening.

Myself and my colleagues have reviewed your answers during the interview, and statements made in regards to items of concern that we discussed such as quality food (grain AND CORN FREE!), training, muzzling a dog in public (though there is no standing law to do so) break sticks etc, and we have decided we do not feel comfortable proceeding any further with your adoption of DogX.

Our decision is firm, and final in this matter.

Good luck in your search,

Regards, The Rescue



I'm sorry to disagree however I took your advice on all of those situations. I don't understand why the sudden concerns. I am a very responsible dog owner and am on board with all of your guidelines.

Please reconsider, I felt i was so close to finally finding the right dog for me = (

D




D,

You talked "over" me more than once during our conversation, and your answers and statements made even after my suggestions and responses did not satisfy myself nor my colleagues.

This is why we have this stage in the process. And our years of experience and success rate speak for themselves.

You have not even met DogX, so wether or not he is the right dog is a judgement based on appearance right now, the exact thing we fight against in terms of BSL.

Again, I thank you for your time, but as previously stated, our decision is very firm and final.

Regards, The Rescue


Never mind, rescuing an animal should not be so hard for an experienced dog owner with the backing of the SPCA. Although I feel totally pre-jugged, silly misunderstandings like this happen for a reason. High success rate or not, I feel hurt and thrown aside. I pray you find DogX the home he deserves.

I will find a beautiful dog to love no matter how many more years I have to search. When I do, I'll make sure that you know just how good of a home he or she has.



D



*it should be noted there was no SPCA reference of previous approval of adoption give/available at anytime in the application/interview, nor any history of volunteering.



(and a day or so later)



The food I talked about was recommended by my vet and available at pet smart. The practices we talked about are all practices that are all socially accepted in {my town} where there is a lot of
people who demand safety first. They are also found in all the bull breed car and training books I own.

I have done a lot of research and groundwork; however, it seems that you are looking for your own answers. If you have such strict standards; you should of just laid them out for me to follow. I know that you know best, but I didn't put years of research into looking for the right dog to be told that I am an unfit dog owner.

Nonetheless I have basis based publicly or socially accepted standards of conduct in the town where i live. DogX could of had an amazing caring home with us. I hope that he still finds one that would see he through the thick and the thin as much as I would. Lastly, I'm sorry for talking over you, I was simply excited about the phone call which I took during a business meeting for your convenience. I would also state that I never said no to any of your suggestions.

Are you sure you are making the right decision?

D



D,

Your phone interview time was pre-arranged DAYS in advance, you told me you were "at a friends house, how long will this take" and i offered to return the call at a more convienient time.


Frankly, the tone of these emails, after having politely declined your application, is becoming borderline harassment, and only further affirms our decision in not proceeding. Regardless of all your "research" you are not the caliber of adopter we would choose for one of our dogs. End of
story. We have a set process and protocol, and give the opportunity for potential applicants to provide us with the answers/knowledge etc deemed acceptable in adopting one of our dogs. Your phone interview fell quite short of this in several areas. We are not saying you are a unfit dog owner, just not what we want for one of our dogs over the long term.

At this time I will as you to cease all contact with The Rescue. As stated several times before, our decision is FIRM, and our decision is VERY FINAL.

Regards, The Rescue




Your "tone" (notice the quotation marks...) leaves much more to be desired.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment